In my family, we’ve been having this brunch casserole for holiday breakfasts for several years. It’s great for Christmas, Easter, or any time you want to have a hearty breakfast without a lot of fuss. It’s easy to whip up the night before. Pop it in the oven just the next morning for an easy breakfast option.
This brunch is not only great for holiday breakfasts but also for any time you’re hosting overnight guests or have a busy day and need a go-to easy breakfast. There’s a printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Ingredients for Breakfast Brunch
4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
1 lb. bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained (I like Tennessee Pride Mild)
1/2 lb. bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 green onion, chopped
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
3 cups 2% milk (use Soy milk for dairy free)
1 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix (Bisquick Gluten Free for gluten-free)
1/2 tsp. salt
Directions for Brunch Casserole
The night before:
- Thaw hash brown potatoes. Cook and crumble bacon. Cook and drain sausage.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, sausage, bacon, green pepper and green onion; stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 9×13-in. baking dish.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk, baking mix and salt until blended; pour over top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
In the morning:
- Preheat oven to 375. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Brimming with hash browns, sausage, cheese and bacon, this casserole is food cheer any morning without all of the morning work.
My family really likes cheese so this photo has about 2 cups of extra cheese on top.
Use our holiday planners to plan your entire menu and activities:
Let me know what you think if you try this casserole. Do you have other holiday breakfast traditions? I’d love to know. Add a comment below or email me at email@example.com.